Friends of the Children's Justice Center   of Summit County 

A Non-Profit Supporting the Children’s Justice Center of Summit County (CJC)

FKA Community for Children's Justice

Please support victims of child abuse by considering us as part of your year-end giving plans.

Why support the Friends of the CJC?

Renovations on track for completion by end of year

With your generous support, the Community for Children's Justice completed a $2.8M capital campaign in 2019 required to achieve our initial mission: to provide a fully equipped facility for child abuse victims and their families.  Renovations are nearly complete and we look forward to moving the CJC "out of the basement" and into the new facility across the next few months.  Keep an eye out for open house activities as we head into 2021 and formally introduce the new facility to our community.

COVID impact on child abuse in our community

Unfortunately, the need for our new facility is greater than ever as we’ve seen isolation, mental health challenges, and limited access to community resources drive growth in new cases of abuse.  While our new facility will help our community better serve victims of child abuse, we must do more to prevent child abuse and ensure our broader community knows the CJC is here to help.

Shifting our focus to awareness, prevention, and extended support for victims

We've been hard at work revising our mission to launch new programs for awareness, prevention, and expansion of services to accelerate the path to recovery for victims and their families.  Your contribution will help us launch this new focus on awareness and prevention as we proudly open our new facility in the community!

Click here to watch new coverage about CJC's new home.  Click here to donate now.  Click here to learn more about our capital campaign. 

The Friends of the Children’s Justice Center of Summit County is a non-profit supporting the Children's Justice Center of Summit County by strengthening the overall support system with a fully equipped facility (the newly completed Solomon Children's Justice Center of Summit County) for child abuse victims and their families. 

Below are pictures of our new facility, renovations are completed and the new facility will be operational as we head into 2021.

The Problem We are Supporting:

Utah has the highest reported incidence of child abuse in the country. 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before the age of 18.

Only 2% of the perpetrators are a stranger to the victim, which means the other 98% are friends, relatives, caretakers, or family acquaintances.

Sadly, our mountain town is no exception to these statistics.

Fortunately there is a place where families can begin to put their lives back together. Since its inception in 2012, the Summit County Children’s Justice Center (CJC) has served thousands of children of abuse and their families and the number of cases continues to increase annually.

Child abuse affects EVERY area in Summit County. It occurs regardless of socioeconomic status, educational background or ethnicity and the incidence is increasing as our community grows.

Thank you to the following organizations for your support!

Summit County - $250,000
Delta Pilots Fund - $150,000

Katz Amsterdam Foundation - $100,000

Park City Municipal Corporation - $100,000

George S. and Dolores DorĂ© Eccles Foundation - $50,000
Marriott Daughters Foundation - $50,000
Park City Rotary Club - $50,000
Women's Giving Fund - $30,000
Phillips Family Foundation - $25,000
Vail Resorts EpicPromise - $20,000

Promontory Foundation - $20,000

Kamas City - $10,000


"The team of people at the Summit County Children’s Justice Center gave us the support we needed to face our situation. With their help we have been able to heal from the abuse my child endured. We are incredibly grateful our community has a resource like the Summit County Children’s Justice Center."  - Park City resident

"The Summit County Children's Justice Center saved my life.  I was abused as a child and came to the center to tell my story.  When I turned 18, I came back to thank them for the help they had given me.  I want victims of child abuse to know they too CAN recover." - Summit County Resident



Click here to donate.

Contact us for additional information at:

Check out the Summit County CJC website by clicking here

You can also donate and "Like" us on Facebook by clicking on the icon below.

If you prefer to send a check by mail, please send to:

Community for Children's Justice, PO Box 683564, Park City, Utah 84068

Friend's of the Summit County CJC PO Box 683564, Park City, UT, 84068 Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software